Philmont Scout Ranch Prep
A trip to Philmont takes a lot of prep, equipment and a bunch of other things. Some crews start training 18 months before their trek to make sure they have a good trip. We have assembled some good info below you can take back to your crew.
Philmont Gear Videos
Articles to consider
- How to Prepare for Philmont - https://gear-report.com/how-to-prepare-for-a-philmont-trek/
- Budget Backpacking Gear - https://gear-report.com/best-budget-backpacking-gear-philmont-boy-scouts/
- Backpacking Lighter - https://gear-report.com/backpacking-how-to-backpack-lighter/gear-report.com/backpacking-how-to-backpack-lighter/
- Philmont Planning Calendar - https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/philmonttreks/calendar/
- Alternative Cooking Method for Philmont - https://gear-report.com/best-alternative-philmont-cooking-method-backpacking-boy-scouts/
- Guide to Altitude Sickness at Philmont - https://gear-report.com/flatlanders-guide-to-altitude-sickness-while-backpacking-at-philmont/
- 10 Things to Know Before You Go to Philmont - https://roadsriversandtrails.com/backpacking-prep/10-things-you-need-to-know-before-you-go-to-philmont/
- Adults Guide to Surviving Philmont - https://sites.google.com/site/hiketravellive/home/adult-s-guide-to-surviving-philmont---12-tips
- Favorite Philmont Shakedowns from Advisors - https://nebula.wsimg.com/0c64b2d23dd033aaf1dfd89cacfe70eb?AccessKeyId=96A56A77A0CD5577B27D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1
© High Adventure Resources | This is not a BSA website.